Monday, December 15, 2008

Test dialog

Feedback on portraits is pretty good. The poll is unquestionable... 38 / 0 in favor of realistic portraits...

I'll setup a little test to see if/how portraits can really improve the storytelling process.
Here is a dialog that I find pretty good. I didn't write it myself. See if one of you can find where it comes from... ;) I've hidden the character names so that it's not too easy...

I'll post the version with portraits within a few days...


Girl [close to tears] : I'm sorry. It was my fault. Why do I have to be treated like this ? Just because I'm a little different ? It's not fair... [sob] [hears a music box]
Boy [the music box in his hand. looks surprised]

Girl [sees the boy. frowns]
Boy : You like it ? Why else would you be staring ?
Girl : I thought... I just thought it was a pretty song. That's all.

Boy : Really ? [see the horns] Oh ! Are those going out of your head ? They look like horns !
Girl : I'm sure you think my horns are disgusting don't you ?

Boy : What ?
Girl : I'm sick of this. I'm sick of it all.

Boy : That's cool ! They're so cool ! No way, that's totally awesome ! I'm nearly jealous !

Girl : You're jealous ? You have no idea how much trouble these horns have caused to me.
Boy : Uh... I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think I've ever seen anything that cool ! I'm not kidding. I think they're great.

Girl : Leave me alone. You're not funny.

Boy : Hey ! What do you think, do you want to be friends ?
Girl : You must be joking

Boy : What ? Why is that ?
Girl : It's because I hate all of you.

Boy : You hate all of us ?... Hold on ! Listen ! My name is XXX. Same time tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you right here. Don't forget to come. I'll be here. I promise.